Thursday, January 22, 2009

So here is it. The first entry in what I’m hoping will be a fun stroll down memory lane for people. I won’t do too much introduction, since I’m including that in the sidebar and such. My name is Jade and I’ve been playing games as long as I can remember, and they have always been a huge part of my life. I have an immense amount of respect for older games because they made it possible to keep the industry moving forward to make more games. Just like music, new things are made by building on old things. Even if retro games aren’t your thing- at least have respect for where the new awesome games and concepts came from.

WHAT THIS BLOG IS: This blog (hopefully) is going to be an entertaining place to relive past memories, or learn about games you might not have known existed. I have a pretty vast collection of games on many different consoles, and will try my hardest to mix it up. I won’t lie though- the Super Nintendo is my favorite system, so expect to see a lot of SNES games. Originally I wanted to create a horror game blog, and honestly most of the games I’m going to post about are going to be horror related, or at least really weird and obscure. Yeah, there will be the occasional well-known retro game (like this test-run entry- which is Bust A Move,) but I didn’t want to lock myself into doing just one genre. However this blog just started, so it might move in any number of directions. I hope to keep it a positive direction no matter what though. I appreciate any constructive comments people have, and feel free to email them to thosedustypixels(at)gmail.com or leave them on here in the comments section.

For now, I am the only one posting on here- but that is also going to change. The next review will be a dual discussion on a retro horror game that is to be announced later in this entry. As for how frequently this deal is updated- that is something I do not have nailed down yet. So I thank everyone for their patience ahead of time!

Also- a HUGE shout out to Attract Mode for suggesting the title Dusty Pixels. It beat out The Retro Orgasm...but just barely!

Enough with introductions! READY? GO!

3 comments:

  1. fantastic blog jade.
    i am excited to be reminded of more moments of glory from our gaming past!
    i am totally down with dusting off some old pixels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this blog already and have added it to my daily reading in google reader. Loved the Clock Tower blog and I look forward to more retro goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, nice blog, gotta say I love the name... as it's been my company name for several years!

    Long as you keep to your side of the bed and don't start nicking my clients too I'm sure we'll get along just fine, this interwebs thingy is big enough for the both of us.

    Good luck with it all.

    Adam : www.dustypixels.co.uk / com

    ReplyDelete